Anishnaabek – SPF
Anishnaabek Strategic Prevention Framework
The ITC Anishnaabek Strategic Prevention Framework collaborates with the Tribes in Michigan to prevent the onset and reduce the progression of substance misuse and its related problems while strengthening prevention capacity and infrastructure at the community and state level.
How We Attain This Goal
- Facilitating a Tribal Prevention Coalition to advance substance abuse prevention efforts across the local tribal and inter-tribal communities.
- Strengthening prevention capacity/infrastructure at the community level by facilitating training and technical assistance to support local efforts to build capacity to address the top substances affecting the Tribes.
- Developing prevention messaging and other prevention strategies and ensuring dissemination of these messages and strategies to the local tribal communities.
- Identifying, through a data-driven needs assessment, the substances of greatest concern to tribal communities in Michigan.
- Implementing a comprehensive data-driven substance abuse prevention approach, including a mix of evidence-based programs, policies, and/or practices that best address the needs of tribal communities.
- Assisting Tribes in locating and leveraging other funding streams and resources for prevention.
- Coming soon – Data repository A webspace for the compiling of data resources related to substance misuse and prevention.
To learn more about this project, contact the Program Manager
Karen Alexander – Program Manager – email@example.com
Josh Mayo – Epidemiologist – firstname.lastname@example.org