The Inter-Tribal Council of Michigan’s National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program aims to decrease colon, breast and lung cancer, improve quality of life among cancer survivors and decrease cancer morbidity and mortality for Michigan’s American Indians.
The Three Fires Cancer Consortium, addresses cancer-related health disparities among Michigan’s American Indian populations through the use of policy, systems and environmental change strategies.
Five tribes are participating in this consortium:
- Bay Mills Indian Community
- Hannahville Indian Community
- Keweenaw Bay Indian Community
- Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians
- Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians